Friday, January 06, 2006

Well, here goes.............

I've never blogged before, but thought I'd try it as a way to gather my thoughts, keep them somewhere "easily" accessible so that I can refer to them later if need be. For the most part, I think I"ll be just posting my thoughts on the movies I've most recently watched. Thing is, that could be a new release, new to video, or years old for nostalgia. You just never know ;-) My thoughts usually take on a spiritual nature, due to my strong Christian Faith, I tend to glean moral and/or spiritual lessons out of the movies I watch - even when there wasn't one intended by the creators. Heck, even when it's OPPOSITE from the ones intended by the creators LOL.

Even though that's my initial intent for this blog, I can't say that I'll stick strictly to it. I'm just as likely to ramble on about my Bible study of the day, how my kids are behaving, or my husband for that matter. I could blog anything - beware.

So, currently on the TV screen in my home is The Scorpion King. Yeah, the one with The Rock. It's an okay movie really, though I rarely choose to put it in the DVD player. See, we bought the Mummy Collectors Edition, so it had all 3 movies in it. My husband and I wanted the 2 Mummy movies, but it turns out our 6 year old son ADORES the Scorpion King. Who knew? So, he regularly puts it in when I'm not dictating his choices to him. Sad to say I haven't paid near enough attention to it to be able to glean any kind of lesson out of it.

As the credits roll, same son has decided to now play Spaceballs. Gotta love Mel Brooks - it's like a requirement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home