Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Stealth and Bees that Spell.......

My oldest child, precious daughter, is 10 years old. She recently won her school-wide spelling bee and moved on to the area bee. That was held this very morning, and I'm sorry to say that she did not advance. However, I must point out that she was the ONLY 5th grader having made it that far, and she made it 2/3 of the way through the bee before being knocked out - competing against 6th and 7th graders. So I am VERY proud of her. She'll get 'em next year no doubt.

Now that I'm done bragging, I promised I'd share my views on Stealth. Well, first of all I thought it was a great movie. Not necessarily realistic, but I don't really understand how anyone goes into such a film expecting a lot of realism. It was fun, I cared about the characters, and they managed to make me detest EDI at first, and then love him in the end. I thought that the actors did a great job. Josh Lucas is just really wonderful in every role I've seen him in. He is such a sincere actor - even when he's a sincere scumball (see The Hulk).....lol. Jessica Biel never impressed me much until Blade Trinity. She has found her niche as the beautiful, yet feminine tough chick. She really pulls it off well. jamie Foxx is....well....Jamie Foxx ;) About the only thing that really bothered me as far as realism goes, is Kara's behavior in Korea. Nobody is going to be included in a top secret program like that without going through serious survival training. She would have known better than to do many of the things she does.

Overall, it's a great great coming-of-age story. The surprise is who comes of age ;) Also a little bit of romance, but not enough to really derail the plot. it also serves as reminder of the current state of technology and the problems inherent in current AI capability. That's all I really ahve to say!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home